- Command of this fire has been turned over to the Black Hawk Volunteer Fire Department
Updated at 6:33 PM on Friday, March 20
- Located in Black Hawk in Meade County
- Two outbuildings/sheds have been destroyed by this fire
- Several power poles and other utility infrastructure were also damaged
- There were several cases of citizens with smoke inhalation and one with minor 1st degree burns
- Rapid City Fire Department medical staff set up handled the medical issues
- No evacuations were ordered for this fire, however Northdale Drive was closed to any which kept residents from getting to their homes
- This fire is now at 5.7 acres
- Cause of the fire remains under investigation
There are currently two separate fires to report that are an estimated 1.5 miles apart off of Interstate 90 - Please see the separate Exit 55 blog post.
Updated at 4:40 PM on Friday, March 20
- Located along Interstate 90 from mile marker 52 to mile marker 54
- Estimated size is 8 acres
- Local, state, and federal resources have responded
- Cause is under investigation
- Reported that no homes are on fire
- Two outbuildings have burned
- No evacuations at this time
- At this time Nortdale Road is currently closed
- If residents of the Northdale Subdivision aren't already at their residence, they will not be allowed access due to high traffic and the challenges this is presenting firefighters.
- The Incident Commander anticipates Northdale Road be reopened at the estimated time of 5:00 PM
Initial size up information is currently being collected on this incident. Updated information will be posted as received.