Current Size: 560 acresCurrent Containment: 55%
Cause: Under InvestigationEstimated Full Containment Date: Friday, August 17th, 2018
- No injuries have occurred. No structures have been lost.
- All Pre-evacuations have been lifted. The Red Cross Shelter has suspended operations unless further need arises.
- Fire crews are still working in the area. Please help them out by avoiding unnecessary travel on Fall River Rd.
- Firefighters continue to take advantage of cooler temperatures and higher humidity, building containment lines using dozers, hand crews, and engines. Ground resources will use air support when needed.
- Hard work and increasing containment has resulted in decreasing incident complexity. A Type-2 Incident Management team is no longer needed, and the current Type-3 organization will continue to manage the Vineyard Fire with resources already available.
- For information about the Vineyard Fire, please visit https://www.facebook.com/VineyardFire/.