- Fire remains at 95% containment.
- Personnel will monitor and patrol the fire throughout the coming days.
- Smoke from heavier fuels burning within the fire perimeter will continue to be visible.
- 95% containment
- Approximately 25 personnel on scene
- Smoke will be visible as mop up continues. The fire will be monitored throughout the coming days.
UPDATED 8:00 PM 7/01/2017
- 90% containment, 100 personnel on scene
- With the especially steep terrain, crews continued to secure along the fire's edges. Far interior pockets will continue to smolder and smoke will be visible in the coming days.
- Engines will continue to monitor throughout tonight
- At 7:00 AM, Sunday, July 2, the current type 3 team will hand the fire over to a Type 4 team for continued mop up and monitoring. Close to 50 personnel will remain on scene with the team transition.
- Due to more accurate gps mapping around the perimeter of the fire, the estimated acreage is now 172 acres.
- Today, crews are continuing with hand line around the perimeter and mop up procedures.
- Containment remains the same, at 60%
- 60% containment, due to minimal fire behavior, firefighters made good progress.
- Continuing line construction tomorrow.
- Three engines will continue to monitor throughout tonight
Location: 7 miles E/SE of Edgemont, SD
Size: 95 acres
Resources: Federal, State and local, State dozer, and Federal helicopter
Status: 0% containment
*The fire received about a 1/2 inch of rain last night. Approximately 70 firefighters are on scene and will continue mop up and scouting today.