* Fire size: GPS today - 192 acres, private and US Forest Service Land
* 50% contained
* Resources: Federal, state and local
* Human caused - under investigation
* Fuels: Heavy bug killed area; smoke will be visible for several days
Update 4/24/16 at 8:30 AM
Photos of Storm Hill Fire from last night and early this morning: (Photo credit: Randy Albright)
* Fire size estimated at 100+ acres.
* Hwy. 16/385 re-opened at 2:30 AM; If traveling in the area, Be alert for fire operations traffic
* Cause: investigation continues - determined 'not natural cause.'
* Fire 50% contained, line established all around fire
Hwy. 16/385 will be closed for the night.
Update at 12:30 AM: Fire estimated at 100 acres. Burn-out operations being finalized.
Updated photos at 11:15 PM by Rob Lehmann, Incident Commander. Location by Mitchell Lake
New photos from Jim Burk, SDWF at 9:40 PM:
* No containment report at this time, but firefighters have line established on the east, northwest and south side of the fire. Burn out operations will continue through the night.
* Fuels are bug killed trees with much 'dead & down'
New photo from 8:40 PM by Jim Strain SDWF Chief of Ops taken from Hwy. 385 by Three Forks:
Update at 7:40 PM - Hwy. 16/385 will be closed for the night.
* Reported April 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM
* Located east of Hill City by the sawmill - private and US Forest Service lands
* Structures threatened
* 25 acres
* Resources on-site: Federal, State of SD and Pennington County,hand crew
* Cause undetermined, investigation requested
* Two photos from Winston Cadotte, SDWF
Photo at 4:40 PM from Jim Burk, SDWF
Photo at 6:35 from Josh Hoffmann, Black Hills NF: